The Lake District
The Lake District is England’s largest National Park and provides the perfect environment for a host of activities;
- Explore the towns of Windermere, Grasmere, Keswick and Ambleside for example
- Walk and climb the hills and mountains and explore the wider countryside
- Cruise on Lake Windermere
- Scale the Via Ferrata at Honister Slate Mine
- There’s something for everyone!
Boasting Scafell Pike – England’s highest mountain, and Wastwater – England’s deepest lake, ‘The Lakes’ offers some of the UK’s most stunning scenery, inspiring artists such as Turner and Ruskin to some of the country’s best loved writers, such as William Wordsworth and Beatrix Potter.
Enjoying the lakes themselves is one of the best and most common ways to pass the time. Hop onto one of the Windermere Lake Cruises, or go kayaking or canoeing on Windermere for a more adventurous thrill, or try open water swimming in Rydal Water.
With such a wealth of beauty, culture and hospitality it isn’t hard to see why the Lake District remains the perfect setting to explore and enjoy.