The Wheelhouse at Staveley is a quality modern and stylish holiday home located in Staveley in the beautiful Lake District
Pets Not Accepted
Unique Holiday Accommodation
The Wheelhouse at Staveley is incredibly well designed and is fitted out for your comfort and enjoyment after a long day in the hills!
Amazingly, inside the Wheelhouse at Staveley is a private sauna so that you can ease away the aches of the day and be ready for that next big climb again tomorrow!
The Wheelhouse at Staveley is a brilliant place to come and stay.
It’s stylish and unique, and if your looking for a stay over in the Lake District this really is an outstanding holiday home to visit.
The Wheelhouse at Staveley has 3 bedrooms and can accommodate up to 6 people, AND it also has its own SAUNA!
Staveley is a brilliant base for your Lake District adventures, and is a thriving working village. And the Wheelhouse at Staveley is right in the heart of it all. Within just a short walk there is the Hawkshead Brewery with it’s Beer Hall, the Eagle and Child pub, Wilf’s Cafe, More? Artisan Bakery, Cafe Eclec, Mr Duffins and Kimi’s Artisan Gelato. And the public transport is great too with the train station a few minutes walk away, and the excellent 555 bus that goes all the way North up the Lakes as far as Keswick.
Please note that the Wheelhouse at Staveley is situated next to a small industrial site and there may be some noise, as you might expect, from vehicle movements, mainly during normal working hours during the working week.
This unique holiday home is on two floors as follows:
- The living room is an open plan living/dining area, which is bright modern and stylish. Floor to ceiling glass windows and doors welcome in light and give a view into the enclosed private patio at the front of the Wheelhouse. The whole living space is tastefully decorated and large framed photographs reflect the beauty of the Lake District – a them that continues throughout the Wheelhouse.
- There are two large leather sofas and a flat-screen television On the wall with Netflix available and free WiFi throughout.
- The adjacent dining area has a dining table which includes a map of the Lake District National Park. This is ideal for planning your next walk or cycle ride over breakfast or dinner. Seating is a combination of benches and leather dining chairs.
- The kitchen is modern and well designed with all the comforts of home.
- There is an induction hob, an oven, fridge, freezer and dishwasher and hopefully everything that you could need. There is also ample space for cooking and preparing meals.
- Utility facilities are available which include a washing machine, clothes horse, iron and ironing board. There is also a drying room in one of the outside stores.
- There is a large landing with a chaise longue and another flat screen television. This is a great area for the kids to play Xbox or watch DVDs or Netflix.
- After a hard day in the hills, the private internal sauna is a great way to relax and ease away the stresses and strains of the day. The sauna is coin operated and takes 20p coins – so please come prepared if you are planning to use the sauna.
There are three bedrooms that sleep six guests and all rooms are tastefully decorated and comfortable.
- Bedroom One has a king-sized bed, with a dressing table and stool, chair, bedside tables and wall mounted reading lights.
- Bedroom Two also has a king-size bed and has a chest of drawers and bedside tables.
- Bedroom Three has two single beds, with bedside tables, a wardrobe.
- There are two fully-tiled shower rooms, one on the ground floor, next to the sauna, and one on the first floor.
- Each has a large walk-in shower cubicle, and has a hand basin, WC and heated towel rail.
There is a paved patio area at the front of the property with an outdoor table and chairs for relaxing in the Lake District sunshine in the evening and getting to know the locals.
Off-street parking is available for three cars (one at the front of the property in the courtyard and two at the rear) and there is a secure, lockable storage building for bikes, pushchairs, etc.
There is also a drying room available to dry out your clothes or boots after one of those rare wet days in the hills!
Please note that we have a no pet and no smoking policy at The Wheelhouse at Staveley.
Modern Comfortable & Homely
The Wheelhouse at Staveley is modern and well designed for your comfort and enjoyment, with all the touches of home.
Light Modern Bedrooms
Our bedrooms are bright and airy and are a sanctuary for a great nights sleep.
- Tea towels
- High chair
- Washing machine
- Fridge & Freezer
- Modern well equipped kitchen
- Xbox console and games
- Bluetooth speaker
- FREE WiFi
- Sauna (additional cost)
- Heated drying room
- Large secure storage
- Charcoal BBQ
- Outdoor table and chairs
Additional Information: Utilities, towels, tea towels, dishcloths and bedding are included in the cost. The sauna is coin operated – 20p for 5 minutes – we’d recommend coming prepared with your 20p coins as you’ll no doubt want to try the sauna after a hard day up in the hills and mountains!
There is Wi-Fi and central heating throughout the property.
A travel cot and highchair are available on request.
Short breaks are possible depending on availability (minimum 3 nights stay).
What Our Guests Say…
We Are Here
Contact Us Now
If you have any questions regarding the area, the property or availability please drop us a line
We are here to help