The Wheelhouse at Staveley is a quality modern and stylish holiday home located in Staveley in the beautiful Lake District
Pets Not Accepted
The Wheelhouse at Staveley is a unique and outstanding Lake District holiday cottage for 6 people, with its own SAUNA!
It is in a fantastic location in the thriving bustling Cumbrian village of Staveley and it is the perfect base for your Lake District holiday.
The Wheelhouse at Staveley is right in the heart of it all, and just a few minutes walk to the train station, an excellent chip shop, friendly cafe, artisan bakery, the Hawkshead Brewery and Beer Hall, and The Eagle and Child pub which has an open fire. You don’t have to drive anywhere if you don’t want to!
The Wheelhouse at Staveley sits to the side of a small industrial site (please note that there may be some deliveries and vehicle movements in the morning, mainly during working hours during the week) and provides ample room for up to six guests in three bedrooms.
Accommodation is split across two levels and comprises:
- The open plan living/dining room is graced by floor to ceiling glass doors that overlook the private patio at the front of the property. Decorated in neutral colours with wooden floorboards and pictures of the local area, it is restful and welcoming.
- The living area has large leather couches and a wall-mounted flat-screen television with Netflix available and free WiFi throughout.
- The dining area has a large dining table topped with a map of the Lake District National Park so that you can plan your next day’s adventures over dinner. A mix of benches and chairs provides seating for everyone.
- A sleek modern kitchen has been designed for convenient catering. There is ample cupboard space together with an induction hob, oven, fridge, freezer and dishwasher. A breakfast bar is a handy spot for morning coffee and provides extra bench space for preparing meals.
- There are separate utility facilities including a washing machine, iron and ironing board.
- The landing is large enough for a chaise lounge and second television, and is a good place for kids to relax and do their own thing away from the adults with a Xbox games console for entertainment.
- Luxuriating in the private Swedish sauna is bliss after a strenuous day walking or cycling (please note that the sauna is coin operated).
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
Three bedrooms sleep six guests. Each room is carefully furnished in calming neutrals with good-quality beds and bed linen, drawers and cupboards, and electric central heating radiators.
- Bedroom One has a king-sized bed, dressing table and stool, chair, bedside tables and wall mounted reading lights.
- Bedroom Two also has a king-size bed with chest of drawers and bedside tables.
- Bedroom Three has two single beds, bedside tables with reading lights, and a low window with deep sill and exposed wooden lintel.
- Two fully-tiled shower rooms, each with a large walk-in shower cubicle, wall mounted WC, hand basin and heated towel rail.
There is a paved patio area and off-street parking for three cars (one at the front of the property and two at the rear) and there is a secure, lockable storage building for bikes, pushchairs, etc.
There is also a drying room available to dry out your clothes or boots after one of those rare wet days in the hills!
Please note that we have a no pet and no smoking policy at The Wheelhouse at Staveley.
Additional Information: Utilities, towels, tea towels, dishcloths and bedding are included in the cost. The sauna is coin operated – 20p for 5 minutes. There is Wi-Fi and central heating throughout the property. A travel cot and highchair are available on request.
Short breaks are possible depending on availability (minimum 3 nights stay).
What Our Guests Say...
We Are Here
Contact Us Now
If you have any questions regarding the area, the property or availability please drop us a line
We are here to help